I am a passionate musician, instrument maker, teacher, and documentary filmmaker from the northeast of Iran, Khorasan. From the age of six, I have studied and played Dotar, an ancient Iranian and Afghani instrument.
I had my first live performance when I was only eight years old. Since then, I have been regularly invited to perform on stage inside and outside Iran.
I had the honor to learn this instrument from some of the greatest Dotar players and musicians in Iran. Since then I have undertaken a project to document and preserve the oral traditions regarding their skills as a means of cultural preservation.
This is one of several projects I have undertaken to collect and document Iranian folk music heritage through personal study, teaching these traditions to future generations, and the development of documentary films.
DISCOGRAPHY AND PERFORMANCE
2020, Aqnoor (Dotar Solo) / Teyshom (A Different Look at Khorasan Music)
2020, Rehegoo Music Record is a British company that released records with an unlimited contract
2000, Best Dotar player at 10th Fajr Music Festival the Regional Music Festival of Iran
2000, Best Dotar player at the 2nd Sanandaj Kurdish Music Festival in Dotar Solo in Khorasan
2001, Best Dotar player at 14th Fajr Music Festival the Regional Music Festival of Iran
2021: Tehran - Iranian Musicians Association
2020: Tehran - Eastern Music Night of the International Cultural Organization ECO
2020: Mashhad - Khorasan Music Night
2019: Tehran - « khonyagaran-e Sarzamin-e madari” concert in Arasbaran Cultural Center in Tehran
2018: Tehran - “Khorasan Music Night”, at Persian National Geographic Center 2017 – Current: Mashhad – Active member of Yalda Abbasi band
2001: Tehran - Javan Music Festival
2000: Tehran - Fajr Music Festivals
1999: Tehran - Fajr International Music Festivals
1995: Tehran - Fajr Music Festivals
• 2021 - Current: Teacher, Delaramm Canadian online music school (Tehran, Iran) https://www.delaramm.com/product/dutaar-by-ayyoub-saeedi/
• 2018 - Current: Teacher, Rhythmmitica international online music school (Tehran, Iran) https://www.rhythmmitica.com/music-instructor/A-Saeidi
• 2016 - Current: Teacher, Chavosh music school (Tehran, Iran)
• 2015 - 2018: Teacher, Mashhad’s Ferdosi cultural foundation (Mashhad, Iran)
• 2005 - Current: Teacher, Independent -2005 – Current (Multiple locations, Iran)
• 2020 - Current: Media spokesperson (Multiple locations, Iran)
Serve as an expert speaker on the topic of music history, culture and tradition for a variety of media and academic organisations throughout Iran.
- 2021: Khorasan music expert at Iran national radio to talk about the Khorasan music and its place in a traditional wedding.
- 2020: Presenting at Hamshahri TV as an expert speaker in celebration for UNESCO acknowledging the Dotar as an instrument of World Heritage. https://www.instagram.com/tv/B6cs_UwAUIo/?utm_medium=copy_link
- 2018: Presented to the Aras Baran Centre as an expert speaker and performer at Khorasan music’s nights workshop.
- 2018: Presenting as an Khorasan (kormangi) music expert at Iran national radio program Ahoovane.
• 2017 - Current: Board Member, Musicians Union of Khorasan (Mashhad, Iran)
Representative and board member of Musicians Union of Khorasan
• 2020 December: UNESCO workshop organiser (Tehran, Iran)
Organizing and facilitating a Dotar-making workshop as part of the celebrations for UNESCO acknowledging the Dotar as an instrument of World Heritage.
• 2016 - 2020: Expert speaker and presenter
Organiser and facilitator of research-based series of workshops about the history of Khorasan folk music, the Dotar and its place in Khorasan region culture.
• 2020 December: Performing at an online concert invited by the Duke University (Durham, NC, USA) and Iranian culture of society of NC
• 2020 April: Performing at an online concert at the invitation of the Yunus Emir Institution of Turkey
• 2020: Performing at an online concert by the national Iranian music association‘s invitation
• 2019: Persian National Geographic Centre, Khorasan’s folk music and ancient lullaby in Tehran
• 2019: Contemplating on the Dotar’s place in Khorasan’s folk music at Hawans House of Isfahan
• 2018: Persian National Geographic Centre, Khorasan’s folk music history in Tehran
• 2018, Eco Music Night, Eastern Tune, Khorasan’s folk music history in Tehran
• 2016: Hanooz publications, Contemplating on the Dotar and Khorasan’s music at Hanooz publications in Tehran
• 2019: Workshop facilitator, Iranian Canadian association (Winnipeg, Canada)
Organising and facilitating a workshop on Khorasan’s folk music history by the Winnipeg’s Iranian Canadian association.
•2002 - Current: Documentary film-maker (Khorasan region, Iran)
Filming, documenting, and interviewing the last generation of great Dotar players and masters in order to preserve the oral traditions and history regarding their skills as a means of cultural preservation. This is an ongoing project.
• Farsi (primary language) • Kormang (fluent)
• Dari (fluent)
• Turkish (beginner)
• English (beginner)