Sahar Ebrahim, born in 1984, is a renowned Iranian Kanun player, composer, and music instructor.
Sahar had started learning music from an early age. She started her academic musical journey in the music School and willingly went on to the college of Fine Arts,University of Tehran to gain her bachelor‘s degree in music. After graduating from Fine Arts, she entered the Music College of the University of Art and obtain her master‘s degree in 2010.
Sahar is highly acclaimed since she started cooperating with eminent Iranian musicians, namely maestro Mohammadreza Shajarian, Maestro Hossein Alizadeh, and Maestro Shahram Nazeri and many others.
She also had several concerts in many different countries such as The USA, Iran, Australia, Canada, Germany, Austria, England, Scotland, Spain, Italy, Belgium, France, Netherlands, Kazakhstan, Switzerland, Sweden, India, Turkey, Lebanon, and Emirates.
To name a number of her performances, the following can be mentioned:
- Shahnaz ensemble (master Mohammadreza Shajarian ) led by Tar virtuoso Majid Derakhshani / 2009 – 2014
- Hamavayan, led by master Hossein Alizadeh / since 2015
- Molavi, led by master Shahram Nazeri / 2013
- The Silk Road, led by Novin Afrouz/ since 2014
- Philharmonic orchestra of Ukraine, conducted by Vladimir Sirenko, and Shams ensemble led by Keykhosro Pournazeri with attendance of international musicians from France, Netherlands, England and Kurdistan./2006
- World Music ‘ Median’ , composed by Hooman Mahdavian/ since 2011
- National orchestra of Iran (master Farhad Fakhrodini) conducted by Ali Akbar Ghorbani/ 2018 - Vis and Ramin Opera led by professor Esmaeil Vaseghi in Austria and Germany / 2015
- Abdol Ghader Maragheyi Orchestra led by Mohammadreza Darvishi.
- Collaborating with the Cultural Heritage organization of Iran in order to introduce Iranian music and Kanun instrument in Mindial (France), Fiture(Spain), ITB ( Germany), BIT (Italy).
- Collaborating with ‘Crans-Montana’ cultural-artistic company (Switzerland) to publish the Silk Road music video album and live performance in Catalunya radio (Spain) and many more.
She also achieved an art diploma from Spain and Austria.
She has also been performing in varied music albums, specifically:
- Morgh-e khoshkhan by master Mohammadreza Shajarian & Shahnaz ensemble
- Adam-o sang by Master Majid Derakhshani
- -Bagh-e bi baran by Hooman Mahdavian
- Ghamnoomeh-ye fereydoon by master Hossein Alizadeh
- Khatereh by Hooman Mahdavian
- Arezoo-ye mah by Hooman Mahdavian
- Va Eshgh Amad by Morteza Sanayi
and many more.
Cooperation in recording animation and movie soundtracks like Nahid, Bi pooli, Dokhtare sahra, Felfeli o Namaki animation and etc. is considered as other prominent parts of her professional career.
Moreover, she has participated successfully at many national and international festivals,
Among which we can mention the following:
- Beiteddine Art Festival alongside maestro Mohammadreza Shajarian and Shahnaz ensemble ( Lebanon – 2010)
- Fiture (Spain – 2008)
- Resonanzen alongside professor Esmaeil Vaseghi (Austria – 2015)
- Expo alongside Novin Afrouz ( Italy-2015)
- Classics alongside Novin Afrouz ( Switzerland – 2016 and 2018)
- Serper along with Farhad Fakrodini (Kazakhstan -2018)
Nowadays, Sahar is composing and arranging some pieces for Kanun.